Configure your EKS cluster
Pick and choose the technologies that you want included in your custom EKS cluster. We support a wide range of popular configurations that include:
- Service meshes (Istio, Consul Connect, AWS App Mesh)
- K8S-native CI/CD (Argo CD, Flux)
- Self-service UI (Argo CD Dashboard, Lens)
- Metrics (Prometheus, Datadog, CloudWatch)
- Log Aggregation (Elastic Stack, Datadog, CloudWatch)
- Cluster Autoscaler, Sealed Secrets, OPA, & more!
Generate code and customize it to your needs
Gruntwork takes your requested configuration, generates Terraform code for deploying your EKS cluster, and opens a pull request in a Git repo of your choice (we support GitHub, GitLab, and BitBucket). The code you get has been proven in production at hundreds of companies, is commercially supported and maintained by Gruntwork, and is 100% yours: use it as-is or customize it as much as you want.
Deploy your EKS cluster into your AWS account
Deploy your EKS cluster into your AWS account using one of the supported deployment tools:
- Gruntwork Pipelines
- Terraform Cloud
- Terraform Enterprise
- Terraform CLI
- Terragrunt CLI
Configure your apps
Use Gruntwork tools to optimize your enterprise apps for EKS, including cloud-native and K8S-native best practices for packaging, monitoring, logging, service discovery, secrets management, schema migrations, and more. We support common enterprise languages and frameworks:
- Java: Spring Boot, Quarkus
- Ruby: Ruby on Rails, Sinatra
- Python: Django, Flask
- Node.js: Express.js, Next.js
Deploy your apps
Connect your Git repo to the CI/CD system (e.g., Argo CD) to automatically register, migrate, and deploy your apps using a friendly UI. Gruntwork Enterprise EKS supports various deployment strategies out of the box:
- Automatic rollbacks
- Security scans
- CI/CD workflows
- GitOps workflows
Manage your apps
Use your chosen self-service dashboard to track deployment progress, review error messages, and troubleshoot errors in a powerful web UI. Use observability tools to monitor your apps, including dashboards for container metrics, cluster data, one-click access to containers, and multiple options for centralized logging.
Stay up to date
All the modules and code is commercially supported and maintained. We push versioned updates to keep the infrastructure up to date:
- Stay compatible across tool versions (Terraform, Terragrunt, kubectl, helm, etc)
- Regularly update to the latest Kubernetes version
- Maintain compliance across CIS benchmark versions
Meet the Gruntwork community.
Here's how the out-of-the-box experience with Gruntwork Enterprise EKS compares to the out-of-the-box experience with other popular options for running Kubernetes in AWS:
|kops||Rancher||EKS||EKS with Gruntwork|
|Fully-managed control plane|
|Self-managed control plane|
|Fully-managed worker nodes|
|Self-managed worker nodes|
|Manage everything as code|
|Node auto scaling|
|CI / CD for infrastructure|
|CI / CD pipeline for apps|
|Pod auto scaling|
|Service communication ACLs|
|Network security policies|
|Pod security policies|
|AWS Well Architected|
|CIS AWS Foundations Benchmark|
|CIS EKS Benchmark|
|Multi-cloud and hybrid cloud|
|AWS and cloud native|
The enterprise EKS experience you've been looking for.
- The power, security, and flexibility of Kubernetes.
- The control and scalability you expect from AWS.
- The production-grade code you expect from Gruntwork.